Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Ghost Of Fishes Past

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Huntingtown, MD
    Posts
    167

    Default Ghost Of Fishes Past

    These are a few of the cichlids that I have previously kept. I had Old World and New World fish.






    The next 2 photos are actually the same fish. The first when it was about 4" long and the second when it was about 11" long.
    It grew VERY fast. Had a pair in the 150.


    Michael Hill

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lusby, Maryland
    Posts
    949

    Default

    There is a big difference between the juvenile 4" and the adult 11". How fast do they grow?

    Very very nice photography! How did you get them to sit still? LOL My fish always run when they see a camera lens. I guess they think it is a big eye looking at them.
    Lynne

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Great Mills
    Posts
    2,521

    Default

    wow! beautiful pictures!
    Dennis
    Clownfish Breeder

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Huntingtown, MD
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LynneC View Post
    There is a big difference between the juvenile 4" and the adult 11". How fast do they grow?

    Very very nice photography! How did you get them to sit still? LOL My fish always run when they see a camera lens. I guess they think it is a big eye looking at them.
    They grew a lot faster than I was expecting. That growth was in about 1 years. They were fed well and in a 6 foot tank. 4 flashes on top of the tank and 2 in front can stop most fish in their tracks.
    Michael Hill

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Few of mine:



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    36

    Default

    My fav fish I ever had was a Gold Oscar he was cool. Ive never seen another one with his color. I cant find any pictures of him

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lusby, Maryland
    Posts
    949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballen0351 View Post
    My fav fish I ever had was a Gold Oscar he was cool. Ive never seen another one with his color. I cant find any pictures of him
    Nice pics of your fish. Are these cichlids?
    Lynne

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mechanicsville, MD
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Those are awesome.

    With the constant testing & maintenance I have to do with the reef tank sometimes I wonder if I would have been happier going with a fresh setup.
    -Nick

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LynneC View Post
    Nice pics of your fish. Are these cichlids?
    Yes Africans

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricNick View Post
    Those are awesome.

    With the constant testing & maintenance I have to do with the reef tank sometimes I wonder if I would have been happier going with a fresh setup.
    They are definitely easier in my opinion. Some of the African Cichlids are every bit as colorful as marine fish.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •