Reed Mariculture
Bulk Reef Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Gift Exchange Saturday Dec 30 1-3pm Prince Frederick Library

Exclamation Holiday Gift Exchange Saturday Dec 30 1-3pm Prince Frederick Library

POLL is set up! If it lets you vote often, go for it
    Hope to see everyone next weekend! Merry Fishmas!!!!

We are having our Annual Holiday Gift Exchange! THIS means we swap and steal from each other.... trying to get the best gift!
    Door prizes and raffles TBD.

If you are attending, please bring a wrapped saltwater related gift valued around $25. If you are bringing frags... the best way is to put them in a sealed container inside a gift bag or box. Please make sure you can't see inside the bag..

Please reply below so that we can encourage a good crowd and lots of fun that day? I will figure out what food or drink we can bring in and start that in another thread.

- Gift Exchange Rules:
    1. Each current club member who wishes to participate must contribute a gift.
    2. The gift value limit is $25.00.
    3. Gifts can be wet or dry but must be wrapped/bagged/or boxed so you cant tell what it is.
    4. Prepare slips of paper equal to the number of gifts with clearly written numbers.
    5. Each participating guest draws a number and holds onto that slip of paper.
    6. Everyone sits in a circle around the pile of gifts.
    7. On the first turn, the guest with paper slip #1 chooses a gift, opens it, and all admire it.
    8. On the second turn, the guest with paper slip #2 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's) or choosing a wrapped one. If #2 steals #1's gift, then #1 must open a wrapped gift.
    9. On the third turn, the guest with paper slip #3 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's or #2's) or choosing a wrapped one.
    10. If a gift is stolen from you, you can steal a gift (within limits, described below), or open a wrapped one.
    11. The turn proceeds until a wrapped gift is chosen.
    12. A gift cannot be immediately stolen back from the guest who just stole it.
    13. The fourth "owner" of a gift gets to keep it. The gift is "locked" after it has been stolen three times.
    14. "Owners" of "unlocked" gifts must keep them visible and hold them up when requested.
    15. The gift exchange ends when the last wrapped gift is opened, unless #1's gift was never stolen, in which case, #1 places their open gift back in the middle and "stealing" continues until the remaining gift in the middle is taken.
    Last edited by petroinmd; 12-25-2017 at 06:00:23 PM.
    Sheleen
    90 gal.. new soft corals and fish
    26 gal bow front

will be there
    Ken Higgins
    120 gallon reef
    50 gallon fresh water

I will be there too!
    Lynne

+1...
    Dennis
    Clownfish Breeder

Me too

I'll be there!!
    Sheleen
    90 gal.. new soft corals and fish
    26 gal bow front

I'm in..

We want to thank Christian from Window Reefs for donating an awesome frag for a raffle prize! It is really beautiful. This picture doesn't do it justice. I should have taken a photo before Christian bagged it. I put it in my tank and then the lights went out. It didn't have a chance to fully open. If I have time I will post a better pic tomorrow.

File_000 (6).jpg
    Last edited by LynneC; 12-28-2017 at 08:31:20 PM.
    Lynne

Nice.....thank you Christian
    Ken Higgins
    120 gallon reef
    50 gallon fresh water

I'll be there!
    220 gallon reef